Facility Maintenance Attendant
Position DescriptionUnder supervision, the Facility Maintenance Attendant maintains an assigned area of buildings and related grounds in a clean, orderly, sanitary and safe condition, makes deliveries throughout the campus, moves furniture and performs minor maintenance and repairs; performs related duties as required. Responsibilities Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Dusts, sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, and buffs floors of various materials; vacuums and shampoos carpets and rugs; washes, and polishes cabinets, furniture, metals, and woodwork.
- Cleans windows, door panels, glass, and drinking fountains; washes, scrubs, and disinfects sinks, urinals, commode seats, and tile surfaces in restrooms; replaces and hangs new dispensers, refills lavatory dispensers with soap, tissue, and towels; empties, cleans and sanitizes waste containers and disposes of waste contents; cleans blackboards, whiteboards, and erasers.
- Cleans employee lounges, halls, lobbies, classrooms, conference rooms, and offices including ceilings, walls, floors, shades, drapes, blinds, fixtures, furnishings, furniture, and equipment; replaces light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, light covers, batteries in urinals and toilets.
- Moves, assembles and arranges furniture and equipment within and between buildings and locations according to standard plan for specific instructions. Makes minor repairs to furniture. Drives a truck or van to make deliveries of furniture, equipment or supplies.
- Sweeps walks and entrances, picks up litter and other refuse surrounding the assigned buildings.
- Participates in intensive cleaning and restoring of school facilities, especially during school breaks.
- Operates, cleans and maintains equipment such as scrub machines, and carpet shampooers.
- Set up, open and close rooms (i.e. quad, museum and gallery patio, athletic fields, etc.) for regular and special events.
- Performs a variety of general, non-technical building repair and maintenance tasks requiring the use of ladders and small hand tools.
- Replenishes stock of cleaning supplies (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, soap, seat covers) in assigned area.
- Observes and reports security breaches, fire or safety hazards.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities; an example of this would be one (1) year performing custodial work and minor building repair and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a related field.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities, using cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency, perform heavy physical labor, understand and follow a work schedule, as well as verbal and written instructions, and climb ladders and lift heavy objects.
- Demonstrated skill in operation of cleaning equipment (including vacuum cleaners, scrub machines, and carpet shampooers).
- Knowledge of methods and equipment used in the cleaning of floors, walls, and fixtures.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, disinfectants and equipment used in custodial work.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license is required.
- Ability to pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be willing to work varying schedules including days, evenings, and weekends. The college reserves the right to transfer employees to any of the College's campuses per the collective bargaining agreement.
- Incumbents are routinely exposed to chemicals used in industrial cleaning and pest control, to noise from machines such as vacuum cleaners and carpet shampoo machines, and to unsanitary conditions that they are assigned to correct. There may be exposure to other chemicals being used in assigned work areas, such as fumes from chemistry and other lab areas.
- These positions may perform strenuous physical work in unfavorable weather conditions, and require work with potentially hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 3am - 12pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
- Cover Letter
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position located at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 7 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $3,046/month. Excellent benefit package.