Director of Health Services
Director of Health Services
Department: Student Life
Reports to: Associate Dean of Students
Position Employment Status: Full-time; 10 months
Bridgewater College is seeking job candidates for the position of Director of Student Health Services. The position is a full-time, 10-month position. The Director is responsible for general health and wellness on campus, on-call responsibilities as they relate to health-related emergencies, and coordination of health treatment options beyond the scope of on-campus resources. Although regular work hours will be Monday through Friday, the successful candidate will need to be available for programming which occur occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Assess student illnesses and injuries and refer to local providers when necessary; maintain appropriate follow-up and documentation.
- Regularly review and update Health Services protocols and policies.
- Facilitate new student submission of pertinent health history and maintain College Health Records system.
- Maintains membership in ACHA and keeps up to date on college health issues and student health care needs.
- Participate in disaster/emergency planning and training; respond and assist with emergencies/ disasters.
- In collaboration with the Wellness Education Director, develop effective health promotion and prevention strategies that decrease the frequency of problematic behavior related to illness.
- Regularly consults with athletic trainers regarding care of athletes during regularly scheduled office hours and after hours.
- Collaborates with Director of Study Abroad to ensure proper disease prevention and requirements regarding immunizations and other safe travel concerns.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of current major college health-related campaigns (e.g. Safe Spring Break, Eating Disorders Awareness Week, Depression Screening Day, etc.), in addition to workshops, training programs and special events related to health education for the College community.
- Engage and involve students in promoting an environment that supports and encourages healthy behaviors.
- Responsible for adhering to College policies regarding spending and management of departmental budgets.
- Budget officer for all accounts related to health services and health services personnel.
- Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations related to clinic operations.
- Supervise 11-month LPN
- Collaborates with other members of Student Life through membership on various committees such as Housing Accommodation Review Board and CARE Team.
- Ensure Health Center area is staffed and stocked with supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program at the Masters level or a Masters in PA Studies from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Currently Credentialed by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) for Nurse Practitioners or Board of Medicine for Physician Assistants.
- Current Virginia State License in good standing.
- BLS/CPR certified
- Must be IMPACT training certified within two months of employment.
- Preferred qualifications include a demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with the developmental concerns of traditional-age college students, and experience and skill working with diverse student populations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must communicate effectively and collaboratively with other professional staff, faculty and student groups.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to modeling a healthy lifestyle.
- Should have an interest in social, health and wellness education; a strong desire and ability to encourage students; and have energy and enthusiasm for programming.
- It is expected that the Director will be capable of independent work in fulfilling the duties of the position and accomplishing goals agreed upon in collaboration with the Associate Dean of Students.
General Information: Bridgewater offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple areas of emphasis and concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The college is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
Additional Information: Email email@example.com
Apply: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
Apply for Director of Health Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly