Bridgewater College is seeking applicants for a Senior Clinician position in Counseling Services, an integral unit within the Department of Student Life. The position is a full-time, 10-month position.
Counseling Services functions as the primary source for mental health treatment for a residential campus population of just over 1900 students. With dual emphases on prevention and intervention, the Senior Clinician is responsible for mental health assessment, individual and group counseling, crisis response, as well as training and consultation for various constituencies across campus. The Counseling Center enjoys an active training program and the successful candidate would hold primary responsibility for supervision and training of those mental health professionals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provision of individual and group psychotherapy to students within a short-term, solution focused framework
- Conduct triage assessment and intervention for urgent/walk-in appointments.
- Provide consultation to administrators, faculty, and staff with respect to student issues and mental health concerns, within bounds of professional ethical principles regarding confidentiality.
- Make appropriate academic, career, and mental health referrals to the campus and/or the community.
- Collaborate and consult regularly with Health Center staff about students with whom we share treatment responsibilities.
- Provide supervision and training for interns and residents under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students.
- Licensed mental health provider at the masters or doctoral level (i.e., licensed professional counselor, licensed clinical/counseling psychologist).
- Clinicians with at least two years’ experience in college/university counseling settings are preferred.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with Titanium is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to form strong working/collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff members, and the ability to relate effectively with diverse members of the college community are also essential.
General Information: Bridgewater offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple areas of emphasis and concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The college is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
Additional Information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
Apply for Senior Clinician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly