Part-Time Student Records Aide
The Part-Time, Student Records Aide performs a wide variety of duties in the Student Records Office chiefly assisting students at the counter during hours of operation. The qualified candidate will possess a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides exemplary customer service in the processing of day-to-day requests with accuracy and efficiency through all forms of communications (in-person, telephone, email, print) with a strong knowledge of college policies and enrollment procedures..
- Proficient in executing a variety of daily and term driven records office functions, such as but not limited to: transcripts, registration, withdrawals/audits, schedule changes, verification, charge backs, scanning/linking/indexing, mail return processes, information change and address verification processes, active student file creation, purging records, report verifications, maintains attendance by term and projects which may include, updating graduation legacy binders.
- Assists with records term driven processes, including but not limited to, Early Alert, Deans and Presidents list, transcripts and diplomas.
- Knowledgeable of all transcript processes in INB, including how to process, update, correct and enter graduation information onto the student's academic transcript and input transfer credits to student's academic record.
- Performs a wide variety of general office duties, including clerical support in filing, data processing, report validation, correspondence, mailings, scanning and indexing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly proficient in accurate data entry and the use of Microsoft Office Suite procedures and other applicable software
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Commitment to and knowledge of a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with variable hours, including evenings and weekends, which may include some travel.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies