Lifeguard Instructor - Athletics & Recreation (800850)
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. The Pioneer's pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities. The University of Denver's Athletics & Recreation department is searching for part-time Personal Trainers. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Report to the Assistant Director of Aquatics.
- Teach internal and external lifeguard/other courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Possess good time management.
- Ability to be customer service oriented.
- Ability to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds and spot/assist clients while working with weight-based fitness equipment.
- American Red Cross certified Lifeguard Instructor.
- Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certified.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact Rachel Cook at Rachel.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.