Associate or Professor
Working Title: Associate or Professor
Position Type: Teaching and Research Faculty
Department: PBHS Public Health Sciences Admin
Posting Date: 10-14-2015
The Department of Public Health Sciences and the Cancer Center at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine, are seeking applicants for tenured or tenure-eligible faculty positions at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of a successful research program in a subject area relevant to cancer prevention and control and interest in collaborating with members of the Cancer Center's new Cancer Control and Population Health (CPH) Program. Candidates with a scholarly record of cancer control and public health sciences research, collaboration in multidisciplinary teams in a matrixed academic medical center environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will have a PhD or MD with a sustained record of research (required); as well as
peer-reviewed funding by NCI or its equivalent (preferred). Expertise in health systems or behavioral intervention research involving key cancer risk factors, especially tobacco and obesity, is one of the important focus areas in which the UVA Cancer Center is seeking to broaden its research base. Successful candidates also will have the following:
- A demonstrable peer-reviewed publication record
- National, and preferably international, recognition in a field of public health as evidenced by involvement in academic societies at a national level and participation in external peer review panels
- A demonstrated ability to lead highly interactive and multidisciplinary research teams contributing to the Cancer Center's goal to achieve comprehensive status.
- Experience in successfully leading a robust program of cancer control and population sciences research. Preferred is demonstrated success moving scientific discovery into new research directions and applications in patients and populations
- Knowledge/appreciation of the value of public health-related research and education and the capability to help to integrate research and clinical enterprises
- Experience working with leadership of cancer centers, hospitals, faculty practice organizations, research institutes, or other mission-critical institutions as appropriate
- A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork, change and innovation
- Ability to pursue high standards related to one's research, clinical investigations and service, and other areas of responsibility.
For questions regarding this opportunity please contact Armando Bolmey at [email protected]
To apply, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search Posting Number 0617493. Complete a candidate profile online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=77503