Assistant/Associate Professor of Fine Arts
Title of Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Fine Arts
Department: Creative Arts
Reports to Supervisor: Chair of Humanities & Social Sciences
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full-time faculty position to begin July 2019.
Purpose: The Assistant/Associate Professor of Fine Arts is a full-time, tenure-track position in the Division of Humanities & Social Sciences. Responsibilities include leading the Department of Creative Arts and teaching 12 credit hours of undergraduate fine arts per semester. As with all Holy Cross College personnel, faculty members share the responsibility of enhancing the Catholic, Holy Cross learning experience for all students.
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty, and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Lead the Department of Creative Arts, which includes the Visual Arts major.
- Teach a range of fine arts courses.
- Function as an academic advisor.
- Contribute to the ongoing curricular improvement of the Visual Arts program, including assessment and accreditation.
- Participate in the life of the College by serving on administrative committees and attending important events, such as Welcome Weekend, Matriculation Ceremony, Opening Mass, Faculty-Staff Convocation, Honors Convocation, Baccalaureate Mass, and Commencement.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet the needs of the Division and the College.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
- Master of Fine Arts degree
- Previous college teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Positive work experience in a Catholic college environment preferred.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor of Fine Arts
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly