The Nurse Practitioner provides clinical services to students including, but not limited to physical examinations, diagnosis and treatment of acute problems, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, educating students regarding illnesses or injuries, and prescribing medications. The Nurse Practitioner is also responsible for providing health education and wellness‐related programming to students. The
Nurse Practitioner works on an interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers, including medical assistants, psychologists, a social worker, a psychiatrist, and a dietitian, in order to provide integrated and holistically focused care. The Nurse Practitioner will also provide consultation to the Executive Director and other campus constituents as needed when questions regarding student health arise
across the campus.
- Provides preventative care to students including obtaining medical histories, providing physical exams and preforming routine screenings.
- Provides clinical services including diagnosing and treating medical problems, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing and managing medications.
- Provides health education regarding students’ illnesses or injuries, prevention strategies, and treatments prescribed.
- Documents all services, communications and consultations provided in the electronic medical record.
- Coordinates across the disciplines within the Wellness Center, as well as outside healthcare professionals.
Conducts quality assurance reviews including peer chart reviews, laboratory reviews, consultations with the medical director and preparation for external reviews.
Masters’ degree in Nursing with 1-3 years of relevant experience is required. Or an original Certificate Nursing Practitioner Program grandfathered in as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner by PA State Board of Nursing may be substituted for the education requirement.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.