Assistant Chief of Staff & Assistant Secretary of the Board
This position assists and supports the chief of staff in providing support to the president of the college. This includes facilitating and coordinating college projects and events, as well as assisting with writing tasks and matters related to the Board of Trustees.
- Supports presidential administration by drafting correspondence, talking points, articles, presentations, all-campus emails and other communications as well as creating/reviewing presentations as needed. Drafts campus obituaries for current and retired employees, and current and former members of the Board of Trustees.
- Supports the Board of Trustees by serving as assistant secretary of the college, drafting minutes and coordinating projects as assigned. Drafts minutes for various committees including, but not limited to: Committee on Trustees, Honorary Degree Committee, Executive Committee, and full board conference calls. Copies/edits board and committee material as needed.
- Plans and executes a variety of events including serving as the primary coordinator for the Convocation and Commencement ceremonies.
- Reviews correspondence prepared in other divisions and offices that will be sent over the president’s signature. Reviews/copy-edits annual prize letters from the Registrar’s Office.
- Manages the Young Alumni Trustee program including selection process and ongoing engagement programs.
- Coordinates and provides logistical support for various on-campus and off-campus meetings, dinners and receptions including functions held at the President’s home.
Other duties and responsibilities
Serves as back up to the Chief of Staff on the College’s Emergency Response Team.
Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.