The Wellness Center provides integrated healthcare services to students at the college, including counseling and psychiatric services, health services, and nutrition services. This is a full-time, 10-month counseling position working within an integrated center that prioritizes a team approach to student health concerns.
The counselor will:
- have the opportunity to continue to develop generalist clinical skills, as well as other skills relevant to the functioning of counselors in a collegiate environment such as consultation and outreach.
- participate in the emergency on-call rotation and therefore must live within a 30 minute radius from campus to provide timely care.
- participate in professional development activities, within and outside the college. Dickinson’s Wellness Center is dedicated to supporting the healthy development of our students and we seek a collaborative colleague who can add to the breadth and depth of services we provide. In addition, the Wellness Center is an integrated part of the campus community and we seek staff members interested in collaborating within and across the divisions of the college.
Successful candidates will be able to articulate ways in which they will assist the Wellness Center in connecting with particular groups of marginalized students who face additional stigma regarding the use or counseling services.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in clinical/counseling psychology or social work from an accredited program.
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency and experience working with identity and diversity in adolescence.
- Experience providing crisis assessment and intervention.
- Training as a generalist clinician and commitment to working from an integrated healthcare model.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.