President - BOLD PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Vacancy ID S2335 Job Title BOLD PROGRAM DIRECTOR Department President School/Parent Organization President Parent Org Division President Division Employment Category Fulltime-Temporary Anticipated start date 09/17/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time Normal End Time Position/Job Summary
Ithaca College is extremely excited to be seeking applications for the Program Director for the BOLD Women's Leadership Network. The successful candidate will direct the daily operations of the BOLD Scholars and work collaboratively with offices on campus providing student leadership development and programming and assist those serving in mentoring roles for the BOLD Scholars to provide academic, personal, and career advising to program participants; plan logistics of campus events, retreats, and other BOLD events; oversee program budget, assessment, and reporting; and coordinate with other offices.
This position is full-time for the 2018-2019 academic year. The position is grant-funded with funding anticipated through the 2020-2021 academic year. There is a possibility of continuation of the position beyond the spring 2021 semester dependent on continued grant funding.
1. Market and recruit the BOLD Scholars program to Ithaca College students and assist in the selection process.
2. Serve as a liaison between faculty and staff mentors. Coordinate BOLD internships, international immersion experiences, and campus transformation projects as determined in consultation with the campus BOLD Lead.
3. Provide academic, career, and mentoring to program participants.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse, and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Coordinate the efforts of the BOLD Scholars with other College offices in providing student leadership development, career development, and programming.
6. Work collaboratively with the BOLD Lead, other BOLD Program Directors and the National BOLD Program Consultant.
7. Meet with BOLD Scholars at least once per month to provide guidance with respect to leadership, career development, and networking.
8. Coordinate and plan an annual BOLD retreat for the College's BOLD Scholars.
9. Manage program budget, finances, and overall expenses for the BOLD program at Ithaca College.
10. Provide monthly reports regarding the implementation, program effectiveness, and progress of the BOLD Scholars on campus to the BOLD Lead and with the Lead produce an annual report to the Pussycat Foundation.
11. Work with Lead to plan and hold meetings with BOLD Advisory group, at least once per semester.
12. Attend annual retreat with Leads and Directors from BOLD Schools.
Bachelor's Degree and substantial background working with students, ideally in higher education and a minimum of one to three years of administrative experience including budget management. Demonstrated interest in women's leadership, strong facilitation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong organization skills, ability to take initiative and think strategically, strong evidence of collaborative work and systems thinking, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience working with faculty, staff, students, and administrators from diverse backgrounds and fields. Ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference required. Master's degree preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/14568 and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by September 4, 2018.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $50,000 to 55,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).