Communications Manager - Office of the Provost
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Projects, the Communications Manager will organize and direct all Office of the Provost marketing and communications. Content creation, based on the work by members of the Office of the Provost, will be a key responsibility of this position. Familiarity with a variety of communications technologies and social media will be required. The position will also support various activities of the Manager of Operations and Projects to include both special projects and daily administrative duties.
- Oversees all marketing, communications, and planning and publicizing of events for the Office of the Provost.
- Develops and/or edits messages, letters, website content, and other communications for the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor working closely with related units.
- Serves as liaison to DU's Marketing Communications team to coordinate communications across the university. Liaise with other University departments including the offices of the Chancellor, Advancement and Admission as needed.
- Coordinates appropriate communications with the Chief of Staff and Vice Chancellor in the Office of the Chancellor.
- Maintains and updates the provost and related unit websites and creates new webpages as needed for strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for graphic design, copy-writing, copyediting, and production of printed and digital brand marketing/communication materials including website, assets, annual reports, presentations, brochures, banners, flyers, program guides, and presentation materials in PowerPoint and Prezi.
- Manages social media channels, including content plan that reflects broader strategic communications goals, content collection, channel tone, and inbox monitoring.
- Seeks out and reports on the achievements, research, awards and notable events of the Office of the Provost.
- Supports events hosted and/or sponsored by the Office of the Provost.
- Other duties as required and assigned by Office of the Provost Manager of Operations and Projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military training.
- 2-4 years of marketing/communications experience, including graphic and web design and social media strategy.
- Experience drafting correspondence, memos, speeches, opinion pieces, and remarks for events.
- Strong writing, communications, design, planning, project management and webpage management skills.
- Project management experience.
- Copy editing experience.
- Master's Degree
- 4-6 years of communications and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in policy and higher education is an asset, as is specific experience working with executive communications.
- Skilled in use and display of data in communications.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.