The Safety and Security Department at Rowan College at Gloucester County strives to provide a safe environment on campus, to assist those in need, and evoke a feeling of security to all by being accessible and alert at all times. This is a daytime position that works 7am-3pm Monday through Friday, with flexibility to work Saturday and/or Sunday for special events and/or emergencies, as well as the potential for evenings..
Examples of Duties:
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds, greet and direct students and visitors, focus on crime prevention, protection of life and property.
- Maintain high visibility through foot patrol and motor patrol across the campus.
- Respond to and mitigate emergencies, disturbances, conflicts and other stressful situations.
- Answer, respond, and investigate burglar alarms, fire alarms, and emergency telephones throughout the campus.
- Monitor security surveillance systems.
- Complete daily log and write incident reports for daily activities and irregularities, such as safety hazards, medical emergencies, motor vehicle accidents, and criminal activity.
- Call and cooperate with police, fire, or EMS in cases of emergency and direct them to the location of the incident.
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, answer questions, and provide information during business or non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Enforce policies and procedures for Rowan College at
Gloucester County which include warning or citing persons of rule infractions or violations.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations.
- Familiarity with the policies, procedures, orders, regulations, directives, and equipment of the Safety and Security Department.
- Accountability and maintenance of security issued equipment.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Security.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with other employees and the public, both verbally and in written form
- Previous experience in the field of security
- High School Graduate or GED Certificate
- S.O.R.A (Security Officer Registration Act) certification preferred
- Certification in CPR and First Aid, or obtain certification during probationary period
- Computer literate and familiarity with Windows based systems including: Email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Possession of a valid driver's license, in good standing.
- Must be able to day shift 7 am to 3pm Monday through Friday with flexibility to work Saturday and/or Sunday for special events and/or emergencies, as well as the potential for evenings.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods, walking, or running over uneven ground, bending, reaching, and may involve lifting and carrying items weighing over 50 pounds