Part-time CDL Classroom Trainer (Open Pool)
Part-time CDL Classroom Trainer (Open Pool)
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the "Best Place to Work" in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The CDL Classroom Trainer conducts classroom training using established CDL curriculum. Commercial Learner Permit training, RODS (Record of Duty Status), Alcohol and Drug training for Drivers and Supervisors, Roadside Inspection, CMV Entry Level Driver Training, Defensive Driver Training, Forklift Training and other training as the curriculum expands.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Valid CDL A or CDL B License with three years driving experience; may be waived in lieu of three years of experience in the transportation industry.
2. Clean motor vehicle record (MVR) for past two years.
3. Ability to pass background check.
4. Ability to pass initial and follow-up drug screenings.
5. Ability to communicate and work effectively with students and public.
6. Excellent customer service skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Basic computer skills.
At least one year experience as a CDL instructor or closely-related classroom teaching experience.
Part-time 25 hours/week contingent on student enrollment and student needs
Open Until Filled
Annual Background/Drug Screen check, Valid Driver's License, Drug Test
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3289
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and are you willing to take a driver's background check as part of qualifying for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Other Document