Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment, the Enrollment Director is responsible for enrolling and retaining the desired number of students for Western Governors University (WGU), while ensuring that the appropriate culture within the workplace is maintained in order to retain employees. In this capacity, the Director will manage a large team responsible for the development of a comprehensive strategy that will enable WGU to meet enrollment and retention targets and maintain a positive student and employee experience.
In addition, the Director will work closely with WGU leadership to provide feedback and management of new program launches, program updates, employee feedback, training conferences, management meetings, and employee retention. This requires close collaboration and shared priorities between the admissions office, administration, program directors, marketing, the People Org., and direct reports.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Develop comprehensive enrollment strategy for WGU including staffing, policies/procedures, processes, and employee recognition.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a positive student and employee experience
- Aid enrollmentmanagement in marketing, goals, improvement, and strategic initiatives
- Provide support and leadership to Senior Managers, Enrollment Managers, and Enrollment Counselors
- Monitor enrollment process for efficiency and improvement
- Act as student contact for additional assistance beyond the senior manager.
- Design/maintain systems to manage and track student progress within enrollment
- Develop and implement goals for enrollment staff
- Prioritize and execute on efficiency projects within the department
- Work closely with other department leadership to ensure a positive student and employee experience
- Provide feedback to WGU administration regarding the nature of student concerns
- Serve as key contact for Mentors and Academic peer groups to maintain a communications/information bridge
- Conduct hiring and training
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Continual improvement expected with individual and collective employee performance, motivation, and commitment to students
- Help prioritize department strategies to improve student experience and achieve goals
- Coordinate recognition and team events
- Ensure consistent compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Manage budgeted dollars for employee recognition, overtime, travel, etc.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for each team
- Act on behalf of VP when appropriate or VP is not available
**Open to Current WGU Employees only**
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to effectively create content and present in front of large groups
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in a call center environment
- Some travel required
- Master’s degree in education or a related field
- Five or more years work experience in recruitment or admissions
- Strong experience with distance education and distance learning students is preferred
- Five or more years’ experience managing a large team of both remote and in office employees
Salt lake city, Utah, United States