Associate Director of Donor Relations
The Associate Director of Donor Relations will assist in the stewardship of Hamilton College’s best donors and will have responsibility for outreach to donors and recipients, event planning, student liaison, reporting to donors and preparing initial written drafts as it pertains to these activities.
- Serve as creative resource in identifying and developing new methods of electronic donor communication.
- As part of the top down stewardship plan, work with the Director to develop and distribute endowed fund recipient videos.
- Working in conjunction with Hamilton’s Communications division, develop Social Media program for Donor Relations.
- Assist the Director with implementing and executing the highly personalized stewardship plans for top donors, focusing on experiential stewardship.
- Serve as the Donor Relations liaison to Advancement and Campus events teams. Work with the events teams to identify and roll out Donor Relations events.
- Under direction of the Director, prepare remarks/event flows for donor events.
- Develop and roll out a former trustee recognition event.
- Oversee the execution of an annual scholarship event – plan, prepare and roll out all details and arrangements for the same.
- Serve as the primary contact with student recipients to encourage their participation in donor stewardship/events.
- Partner with HALT or its successor, to develop plans to educate students about philanthropy.
- Prepare detailed professorship, lecture, and special purpose reports according to a pre-established schedule.
- Under the direction of the Director, assist with research about historical information related to donors and funds.
- Assist the Director with periodic fund audits.
- With the long-term goal of developing endowed fund expertise, begin by drafting bios for endowment agreements and eventually develop the ability to prepare initial drafts of endowment agreements.
- Oversee maintenance and future development of online fund bios web site.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Demonstrated success in above responsibilities.
- Prior experience in alumni relations, fundraising, event planning, marketing or other relationship-based position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work diplomatically and tactfully with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to employ quick thinking and good judgement in fast-paced environment.
- Motivated by deadlines and collaboration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel. Database experience preferred.