Office of Administration
August 15, 2018
October 14, 2018
Protect and serve. Saint Augustine's University seeks individuals who will support the University by establishing and maintaining a safe atmosphere and provide police and security services for the faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Individual will ensure the safety and security of the college community and facilities by physically patrolling the campus, designated surrounding properties and areas within jurisdiction. Individual will enforce Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and institutional security regulations and procedures. Individual will exercise general law enforcement authority to protect persons and property from injury, harm, danger or damage.
- Provides general law enforcement. Monitors and enforces traffic laws and regulations on campus and surrounding jurisdictional areas, enforces campus parking regulations, and issues State citations and campus tickets for violations in accordance with established laws and procedures.
- Identifies, apprehends, arrests and assists in the prosecution of persons who commit crimes. Makes arrests in accordance with Departmental policies.
- Patrols campus checking buildings for deficiencies that make the institution vulnerable to criminal acts. Watches for hazards and other dangerous or damaging situations.
- Performs patrols during special events, such as athletics. Directs traffic before, during and after these events. Provides crowd control, which can include subduing large numbers of people.
- Enforces all Federal, State, Local and University laws, regulations, and policies.
- Investigates criminal, traffic-related and general complaints.
- Testifies in court as necessary.
- Administers first aid and provides and arranges necessary transportation.
- Provides police escorts as needed to protect property and people.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies, EMS, and Fire Department as needed.
- Preforms other job-related duties as assigned in support of the University’s goals and core values.
Associates Degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable which provides an applicant the abilities and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job). 2 Years of Law Enforcement preferred. Previous experience or basic knowledge of campus environment, relevant laws and safety in a collegiate setting is preferred. Must be certified or be able to obtain certification by the North Carolina Criminal Justice and Standards Division as a Law Enforcement Officer. Must be able to obtain certification from the Department of Justice as a Campus Law Enforcement Officer under G.S.74-G. within 12 months of hire date.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to a minimum of 25 pounds.
- U.S. citizenship and no criminal record.
- Must possess (or be able to obtain within 90 days) and maintain a valid class “C” North Carolina driver’s license and be an insurable carrier.
- Successfully complete an in-depth background investigation of any criminal activity, past medical history employment record, driving record and character references, drug screening, polygraph test and psychological evaluation.
Ability to write incident reports, felony investigation reports, arrest reports, operation reports, property reports and search warrants. Strong oral and written presentation skills. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Excellence in organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: HR@st-aug.edu or
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.
Apply for Police Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly