Working Title Director of Philanthropy
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Director of Philanthropy for the College of Arts, Letters and Education. Join our incredible team of fundraisers who actively engage alumni and the community for the purpose of raising money for visionary initiative supporting students and the growth of educated citizen's in our region. This position is responsible for working with University leadership to identify priorities and solicit gifts greater than $10,000. The ideal candidate will have two or more years of professional fundraising experience or experience in a related field. They will also have two or more years' experience developing and increasing a network of donors and/or clients. The candidate must excel in communication, organization, creativity, and have a keen ability to juggle multiple tasks that include donor development and administrative functions.
Travel is required for donor visits, primarily utilizing personal vehicle for visits in Eastern Washington region.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two or more years of professional experience in fundraising or related areas.
- Two or more years professional experience developing and increasing network of donors and/or clients.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Two or more years of professional experience marketing the mission and vision an organization.
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications.
- Valid drivers license and willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends.
- Candidates must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Experience raising money for education or art initiatives.
- Experience in Higher Education fundraising or development.
- Experience with volunteer boards and committees.
- Public relations or marketing experience.
- Strong, professional network base in Pacific Northwest region.