Director of Imaging
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Clinical Education, the Director of Imaging is responsible for the coordination and daily operations of diagnostic imaging at the Monte Greenwalt Health Center. The Director of Imaging is responsible for creating teaching moments and real life experience for students of chiropractic. The Director adapts and presents lessons for each Chiropractic intern, with the intern's patient present, combining polite patient interactions with the technical rigor required for high-quality images. The Director trains instructors in the department in these methods. The Director ensures that interns and faculty follow all regulations set by state and federal agencies, and also follow all regulations set by accrediting bodies. In addition, the Director ensures that Life Chiropractic College West's standards of patient care are thoroughly integrated into all lessons, and that metrics for student and patient satisfaction are consistently collected and reviewed with the Dean of Clinical Education.
- Provide leadership that demands excellence and inspires loyalty while modeling the Life West's values of loving service to all.
- Participate and develop in the strategic planning for the Imaging Department.
- Ensure Chiropractic interns are taught, with the intern's patient present, polite patient interactions with the technical rigor required for high-quality images, and train the other instructors in the department in these methods.
- Performs Case Management Review role if needed and assigned.
- Schedules and supervisors 6-8 DC x-ray supervisors who teach interns how to take excellent quality x-rays, and who take x-rays for patients referred by Field DCs.
- Answers x-ray related questions from Field DCs with referral to DACBR as indicated
- Schedules all vendors and inspectors to ensure department hardware and software is maintained in compliance with regulations
- Integrates defined safety standards into all lessons, policies and practices
- Acquires and maintains excellent working knowledge of digital x-ray software, to prepare students to comfortably integrate appropriate technologies into their future practices
- Researches, recommends and executes all hardware and software upgrades to ensure that Life West retains its position as the leading provider of cutting-edge x-ray instruction.
- Plan, in close cooperation with the college's other strategic planners, to continually improve the student experience regarding use and access to digital x-rays in x-ray positioning , technique and radiology classes.
- Train DC x-ray faculty to take high quality spinal and extremity images on all the schools imaging systems and software.
- Collects and analyze monthly metrics, including numbers of standard and specialty images, patient volume, contact hours by instructor, and x ray ordering rates by Health Center DCs
- Analyze evaluations from interns, student patients, and outpatients to ensure that each individual DC as well as the department as a whole is maintaining high satisfaction metrics. Recommend corrective action where needed.
- Facilitate close and responsive communication between DACBR faculty and Health Center faculty, nterns and staff.
- Continual troubleshooting of process to improve delivery time and communication
- Select, train and mentor x-ray department work study students .
- Contribute to Competency Department testing needs.
- Run the accommodated testing for the Entrance and ICE exams as well as training HC faculty for MIDS exams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- DC degree from a CCE accredited Chiropractic College
- Minimum of 5 years of Chiropractic experience
- Must have a current DC CA license in good standing with clear record in this state and all others where licenses are or have been held.
- Must have valid CA X-ray Supervisors and Operators permit
- Must have teaching experience with high evaluation metrics
- Administrative and team leading experience in a busy customer-facing environment
- Excellent people and management skills are necessary
- Computer skills including knowledge of the digital x-ray software environment and Microsoft Office are required
- Command of the English language is required.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS -Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment and work is performed in a general office environment
Apply for Director of Imaging
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly