Vice President for Administration
Qualifications: Master degree minimum; doctorate preferred; minimum of 3 years’ university teaching or administrative experience. Must have a knowledge of small private higher educational institutions.
General Description: The Vice President serves as a high level administrator and fiduciary executive for the University. The Vice President assists the President in the day-to-day operations of the university and serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Serves as the President’s representative and facilitator for projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Represents OCU at public and sponsoring denominational functions as requested.
- Represents OCU as a participating member of community organizations as assigned, e.g. Gibson County Economic Development Coalition and I-69 Brainpower Task Force.
- Assists the President in articulation of OCU’s goals to the Founding Denomination’s officers, Council of Associations, and public constituencies.
- Serves as a fiduciary officer in banking transactions.
- Assists the President in goal setting.
- Collaborates with and assists the CFO on budget development. Approves purchase orders within budgetary and cash flow guidelines.
- Monitors the processes involved with the systems of accounting, internal controls, payroll, and reporting maintained by the CFO and Business Office.
- Monitors monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Supervises the HR/PR office in cooperation with the CFO.
- Monitors employment contracts.
- In cooperation with the Associate Vice President for Advancement, Human Resources, and the other appropriate departmental supervisors, negotiates with insurance companies (facility and employee benefits) and other vendors to insure adherence to approved budget limitations.
- Responsible for monitoring legal issues involving the institution in cooperation with the University President.
- Serves as OCU Representative in hearings for unemployment eligibility, bankruptcies, and workman’s compensation issues in collaboration with HR and the President.
- Investigates and advises the President on personnel issues.
- Oversees the Office of Student Life and Marketing.
- Develops and monitors processes to ensure integration of planning, budgeting, and operations through data-informed decision-making.
- Assists with the strategic planning process for the university as requested by the President