The University of Colorado System Administration is currently recruiting for two Executive Assistant positions. One of the Executive Assistants will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, and the other will report to the Vice President of Administration.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a broad range of professional-level, administrative duties in support of the Vice President. This position manages the day-to-day requirements of the Vice President, and works closely with departments within the Office of the President as well as internal and external constituencies of the university community. The Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President also provides back-up support to the President's Executive Assistant. This position performs a broad range of professional staff and communications functions to ensure the maximum performance of the Vice President and acts independently and exercises initiative to achieve organizational goals and objectives. This professional position is exempt from the state classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the Vice President' time and calendar to optimize the efficiency of the Vice President.
- Management of all scheduling coordination and resolution of associated problems and conflicts that may arise.
- Coordination of specific meeting arrangements including President's Executive Committee Meetings.
- Responsible for daily decision-making and problem resolution in coordination with the Vice President's schedule.
- Facilitate communication while the Vice President is out of the office.
- Establish processes to resolve issues and problems with expedited referral of matters to the appropriate office for follow-up.
- Serve as a liaison to the Vice President's external constituents.
- Answering phone calls, monitoring and managing email and regular mail to aid the Vice President while busy or absent.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including airfare, hotel and accommodations, vehicle rentals, event scheduling, etc.
- Process travel forms and other reimbursements for the Vice President for travel and events.
- Responsible for answering questions for and/or speaking on behalf of the Vice President.
- Management of special projects/tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This section applies to the position supporting the Senior Vice President:
- Provide back-up and support to the Executive Assistant to the President.
- Managing the Office Manager for the Office of the President's department.
- Assist other staff members as necessary to assure the smooth day-to-day functioning of the President's Office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge and ability to research State rules and regulations as well as university policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize technology and software, including personal cell phone applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to speak on behalf of the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff.
- Skilled in project management with an ability to handle complex, multiple, and concurrent tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Decision-making ability in order to set priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and pursue problem resolution.
- Self-starter capabilities to initiate and complete projects.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer: Salary: The salary has been established at $67,000- $75,000 and $67,000-$80,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted for experience on a year by year basis).
- Five (5) years of professional executive assistant/special assistant experience in higher education, government, or related work environment.
- Three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Relevant experience working within the University of Colorado system.
- Previous experience supporting administrative or executive level staff
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by Monday, February 5, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50038 - Chief of Staff Office
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amanda Billing
Posting Contact Email: Amanda.Billing@cu.edu
Position Number: 00550050