Entry Level IT Professional
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Leeds School of Business
Department: Leeds School of Business
Requisition Number: 12215
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 14-Aug-2018
The Leeds School of Business seeks a full-time Scholarship and Recruitment Coordinator in the Office of Recruitment and Scholarships. The purpose of this position is to recruit new students to the Leeds School of Business, and oversee the awarding of undergraduate scholarships to incoming and current Leeds School of Business students to recruit and retain students.
Who We Are
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is devoted to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Oversee the annual undergraduate process for scholarship evaluation/awards and scholarship fund coordination and management.
- Develop and manage the online scholarship application from design to implementation and launch to student selection and reporting.
- Coordinate with University of Colorado Advancement representatives to acquire current scholarship fund data, and prepare/update spreadsheet(s) outlining scholarship funds in place, award availabilities and other necessary management data.
- Manage budgets for ongoing scholarships to ensure adequate funding in coordination with the Director of Recruitment and Scholarships, Office of Advancement, and AP Office Coordinator.
- Supervise and participate in the scholarship selection and award process, ensure awards are made on time.
- Coordinate scholarship committee meetings, and provide committee all necessary data to determine scholarship awards.
- Coordinate the scholarship award process for recipients, oversee award letter notification to students, and overall scholarship administration.
- Ensure that all recipients send a thank you letter to their donor in a timely manner.
- Provide principal communication with parents and students on scholarship related matters.
- Work closely with CU Advancement Leeds Development Director and gift officers to meet with prospective or current scholarship donors regarding award criteria and possibilities.
- Speak with donors about their concerns regarding scholarships and regarding the type of students receiving their scholarship.
- Provide strategic recommendations for new fund agreements or revision of fund agreements.
- Liaison to CU Financial Aid scholarship office. Supervise and "build on" scholarship information and awards in the Academic Works system.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of all awards, performing an audit and reconciliation process each term.
- Advertise scholarship opportunities to current and prospective students to ensure deep applicant pools.
- Contribute to and execute on the recruitment plan for incoming freshman students in partnership with the Director of Recruitment and Scholarships.
- Specifically execute on the talented scholar and diversity recruitment plan, with collaboration and oversight from the Director of Recruitment and Scholarships, Honors and Leeds Scholars Programs, and Leeds Office of Diversity Affairs.
- Plan and execute Leeds specific recruitment events including Leeds Preview, and joint admissions visit days.
- Represent the University in a variety of settings such as high school presentations, college fairs, on-campus visits and events.
- Oversee the Leeds Ambassadors student organization.
- Manage a student staff of 6-8 interns who assist with recruitment and other programs within the office.
- Select, schedule and coordinate high school and college fair visits to recruit prospective students.
- Serve as an active member of the admissions committee to read and review applications.
- Communicate with students, faculty, staff and alumni to recruit qualified students to Leeds Execute communications plan (calling nights, emails, mail) for prospective students in partnership with Director of Recruitment and Scholarship.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with appropriate counselor, administrative and teacher contacts at high schools.
- Foster relationships with pipeline programs including DECA and FBLA to ensure high visibility among those programs including school visits, conference travel, competition hosting, etc.
What We Can Offer
Salary range starts at $50,000 depending on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Ambitious. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
What You Will Need
- Experience with CRM.
- Experience in making presentations.
- Experience managing events.
- Detail oriented.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience recruiting students for a higher education or secondary school.
- Experience managing budgets and in program administration.
- Experience managing a scholarship program and process.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer