Surplus Property Technician
CU Boulder's Distribution Center welcomes applications for a Surplus Property Technician. This position supervises office support operations for the CU Distribution Center (DC), and oversees the Surplus Property Management System, including database configuration, billing, data entry, and customer training.
Who we are:
Property Services provides appropriate means for reutilization, recycling, disposal and sale of surplus materials for the University of Colorado in Boulder, as well as other campuses and state agencies. A major aspect of surplus management is the screening of computers and other electronics to determine the best means of disposition.
The mission of Property Services is to make the best decisions possible as to how to dispose of surplus items, with sustainability a top priority. When an item can be sold for reuse, every effort is made to get the best price possible, with the ultimate goal of returning a portion of the proceeds back to the department that provided the surplus item. When services unrelated to surplus are needed, safety and customer service are the top priority.
This is a dynamic environment where the staff enjoys working as a team. They feel a strong sense of responsibility in doing the best they can to look out for the interests of the university. With many years of experience they handle their work with professionalism, courtesy and respect, but also do it with a friendly, helpful demeanor.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Surplus Property Management System (SPMS)
- Manage the SPMS by determining and installing work procedures used by Property Services staff and customers. Provide customer training support, including developing training documents, scheduling training sessions, and working with customers to resolve issues that arise.
- Provide financial management of purchases and proceeds, reporting, and software database accuracy.
- Coordinate with software developers to maintain software functionality, making recommendations for improvement and following through to determine if functionality changes improve the process.
- Customize and generate reports for monitoring key performance indicators for SPMS.
- Coordinate database information provided for quarterly auctions, provide marketing direction for auctions, and reconcile auction sales.
- Manage the Office Support operations of the Distribution Center by developing and implementing procedures to be used by office staff to ensure delivery of program services, including those relating to reception, records management, data collection and accounting support, supplies ordering and inventory and customer assistance.
- Travel preparation and reconciliation for Distribution center staff
- Receive purchases into FAMIS for DC Stores operations
- Plan and coordinate Official Functions for DC staff appreciation events
- Maintain DC website pages for all work units
- Assist in maintaining and reporting DC Key Performance Indicators
Supervise one Administrative Assistant III in support of the following: receiving and assisting customers, creating purchase requests in CU Marketplace for office supplies and new furniture, creating Service Requests for Moving and Hauling in FAMIS, processing Business Reply and Accountable Mail, overseeing package pick up by outside carriers
What you should know:
- This is a Classified position which requires candidates to be a resident of Colorado in order to be considered.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $50,000.00, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be professional. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Four years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Resident of Colorado.
What you will need:
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Full proficiency with standard business software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the Internet, including the ability to design work templates for others.
- Familiarity with Concur, Marketplace, and calendaring/scheduling programs/applications.
- Experience working with a database.
- Experience in supervision.
- Experience maintaining websites.
- Experience with event coordination.
- Knowledge of CU systems and processes.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by February 5, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12354.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10535 - Property Services
Posting Date: Jan 23, 2018
Closing Date: Feb 5, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00107851