Areas of Intereset: Admissions
Functional Areas: Enrollment Management
Department: Office of Admissions
Requisition Number: 11964
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 13-Aug-2018
The Office of Admissions is welcoming applications for a Senior Assistant Director of Slate. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Systems Integration and leads the development, implementation and maintenance of the Technolutions Slate system for the Office of Admissions. The director will provide leadership and support to functional users in day-to-day management of Slate functionality in support of admissions initiatives including event management, query and report development, communication support, management of admission applications, document management, data uploads into Slate and data integrations with the Student Information System and other campus systems.
The Senior Assistant Director is responsible for the continuous improvement of the Admissions Slate instance. This position will evaluate new functionality introduced by Technolutions to ensure that the Admissions instance of Slate continues to evolve and improve. This position is also responsible for assessing current functionality and working with admissions leadership to identify processes that require improvement and suggests innovative enhancements and solutions that support admissions goals and initiatives. Provides leadership around implementing new functionality and processes, manages project timelines, engages functional users in testing and building as appropriate and coordinates training plans and training execution. This position will serve as the Admissions contact with Technolutions and will act as the Admissions liaison with CU Boulder campus and University of Colorado System technical staff and the managers of the 3 other Slate instances on campus. The Senior Assistant Director of Slate will also oversee and project manage any large system updates or implementations related to Slate.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Leads the implementation, development and maintenance of the Admissions instance of Technolutions Slate.
- Coordinate with admissions leadership and functional leads to gather business requirements, assess current functionality and processes, and suggest system enhancements in support of office goals and initiatives.
- Develop and testing new functionality as it is introduced by Technolutions or requested by admissions leadership or functional leads.
- Provide leadership for the implementation and training of new functionality and improved processes in the Technolutions Slate system.
- Develop data models and reports which support the needs of admissions staff and campus partners.
- Work with the Director of Operations & System Integration to review requests for direct access to the Admissions instance of Slate.
- Maintain data integrity and quality and ensuring accuracy of student records.
- Ensure accessibility and security.
- Build customized dashboards and analytical reports for admissions staff and campus partners.
Serves as primary contact for Slate issues and questions.
- Support admissions staff and campus partners by maintaining day-to-day functionality within Slate including monitoring the user experience for prospective students and staff, support of event management, admission application support, query and report development, communications support, workflow maintenance, data uploads into Slate and data integrations with campus systems.
- Troubleshoot Slate-related issues and communicating with appropriate staff as needed.
- Train admissions staff and campus partners on Slate functionality and features.
- Submit service desk requests with Technolutions and serving as technical lead for the vender.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the managers of the other Slate instances to ensure consistency across instances for admissions staff.
- Serve as liaison with campus and system technical staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Lead any future instance unification or data integration project across Slate instances.
- Create and maintaining training documentation.
- Ongoing research into new functionality of Slate and determining how it may be best utilized with the Admissions Office.
- Attend the annual slate Summit conference and other professional development opportunities.
- Continue development of technical skills, in particular SQL which is fundamental to fully utilize Slate functionality.
- Oversee supporting staff such as seasonal and student staff.
What We Can Offer
Anticipated starting salary is $70,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Strategic. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in support of technology development and system analyst experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
What You Will Need
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to diagnose a problem and provide technically accurate details and workarounds.
- Demonstrated ability to lead system implementation of new processes and/or enhancements.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a client focused approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-monitor quality control and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn business processes and translate them into the Slate system.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 2+ years working with Technolutions Slate in a technical capacity.
- Higher education admissions experience.
- Experience working with other higher education student systems, including but not limited to admissions systems.
- Experience serving as a customer contact for technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to generate reports using report-generation tools.
- Highly developed skills at facilitating collaborative work among technical and functional system users.
- Experience managing professional staff.
- Ability to confidently communicate with all levels of management, including senior management.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer