Administrative Assistant II
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Department: Center for Humanities and Arts
Requisition Number: 12378
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 12-Aug-2018
The position coordinates disbursement of CHA's GCAH grants and attends meetings to take minutes and answer questions regarding grant requests. Assist in planning of events, scheduling for CHA's external advisory board, and is the front-line representative for CHA.
Who We Are
The Center for Humanities and the Arts (CHA) is a university-wide, interdisciplinary research center dedicated to supporting scholarship and creative work and to presenting that work to the scholarly world and the communities of Boulder and Colorado. With approximately a $725,000 annual budget, CHA administers faculty fellowships to allow 6-8 faculty members a two-course release, administers graduate fellowships, co-sponsors a wide range of research initiatives and programs with other units in the humanities and the arts, and administers the Graduate Committee on the Arts and Humanities (GCAH) grants. CHA also works to coordinate efforts across campus in the humanities and arts and to increase funding for research and creative work in those fields.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Respond to general inquiries by telephone, letter, e-mail or in person from the public, directed toward the CHA Director, CHA Program Assistant, faculty and students associated with CHA.
- Establish grant deadlines and relay information to faculty.
- Establish meeting schedule for GCAH Committee.
- Reserve meeting rooms.
- Create wiki and maintain all information loaded onto site.
- Answer technical questions and give direction regarding grant requests.
- Attend monthly meetings with GCAH Committee to take notes and provide background information.
- Create and prepare letters notifying applicants of the status of their applications.
- Track transfer of funds and update database for statistical tracking and reports.
- Compile and create end-of-year report and submit to appropriate entities.
- Identify and issue invitations to new committee members each year after approval from GCAH Chair.
CHA Advisory Board Liaison
- Support for Center for Humanities and the Arts external Advisory Board.
What You Should Know
This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. Monday-Friday 4 hours per day.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $20,634.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years general clerical experience.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Organizational Competency.
- Systems Experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Higher Education Experience.
- Bachelors Degree.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer