Job Description Summary
The Senior Coordinator for Residence Life provides excellent customer service to all current and prospective students/parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and university visitors while managing the daily operations for the Office of Residence Life (including Residential Programming, Housing Operations, Student Conduct and Leadership Programs). This individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills. The Senior Coordinator plays an integral part of maintaining and assuring the productivity, efficiency and confidentiality of the department and its staff.
The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Serve as primary contact person for the Office of Residence Life
- Maintain all office and student files
- Manage all incoming phone calls, voicemail, email, postal mail, faxes, and guests/walk-ins
- Select, supervise, and train student office staff
- Process all paperwork associated with the Office of Residence Life and Leadership
- Administratively support the Office of Residence Life & Leadership professional staff
- Maintain all office supplies, petty cash, and reimbursements
- Access, input, and maintain all Office of Residence Life related forms/data
- Process budget reports for all Offices of Residence Life and Leadership departments
- Navigation of Datatel/Workday on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite/ Office 365
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse student population
- Conflict and problem solving skill
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience in office setting
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.