Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Gaithersburg Business Training Center Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Program Assistant, Grade G, #S00179, Non-Bargaining position. The work schedule is 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday and some weekends
Under supervision and/or direction, incumbents are responsible for performing administrative and logistical functions (responding to inquiries regarding programs, coordinating and preparing course materials, arranging interviews, scheduling rooms, and preparing correspondence and related materials) in support of WD&CE programs and services.
Contacts and interaction vary and may involve multiple constituencies such as direct interaction with the business community, outside agencies, faculty, colleagues, managers, directors, students, vendors, contractors and consultants.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide essential and necessary support to two Program Directors with course creation and coordination for contract courses and open enrollment on Project Management and Management and Leadership programs and Transportation and Safety Institute Program.
- Faculty Communication and Coordination. Provide essential and necessary support to Program Director with faculty requirements and needs as well as care and maintenance of vehicle fleet and range.
- Provide essential and necessary support to Program Director with student and client requirements, communications and issues.
- Provide general administrative function including reporting, record keeping and end of class activities.
- Marketing and Course Promotion.
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by courses in office practices, and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing an understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience performing general office and clerical duties involving customer service.
- Knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, word usage and arithmetic/mathematical computation.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, recordkeeping principles and procedures. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent leadership and customer service skills.
- Skill in analysis, problem solving and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams (including academic and IT teams). Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships; influence, build credibility and trust.
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with complex issues. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Associate's degree.
- Two years of office and clerical experience.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Sunday, September 2, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
OC - Gaithersburg Business Training Cntr