Administrative Assistant III
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Research & Innovation Office
Department: Research and Innovation Office (RIO)
Requisition Number: 12191
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 12-Aug-2018
This position provides administrative support for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) as well as other areas within the Office of Research Integrity (ORI). ORI, part of the Research & Innovation Office, is responsible for ensuring the integrity of campus research, and compliance with regulations and policies concerning research involving human or animal participants, export controls, conflicts of interest, controlled substances, and biohazardous materials.
Who We Are
The Institutional Review Board CU Boulder is responsible for the review of all human subject research when conducted by the university's faculty, staff, students or other affiliates and agents. The primary goal is to ensure human subjects are:
1. Treated with dignity.
2. Adequately protected from risk of harm.
3. Provided informed consent so they may voluntarily and knowledgeably participate in research.
The IRB seeks to create a collaborative relationship with the research community to assure that research with human subjects is conducted in accordance with legal requirements and the ethical principles of Respect for Persons, Beneficence and Justice.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Provide administrative support for the IRB
- Responsible for all daily administrative tasks for the IRB Office.
- Manage IRB email and phone communication. Triage questions appropriately to other staff or the IRB Director as needed.
- Manage financial submissions.
- Order supplies for the offices.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Document management (control versions, training and training verification).
- Training documents.
- Office procedures.
- Policies and procedures.
- Guidance documents.
- Internal meeting minutes.
- U: drive documents.
Protocol Intake reviewer for the IRB
- Review protocols for completeness – return if incomplete.
- Allocate to Panel A or B.
- Manage closures.
- Assist with management of education and outreach through the University.
- Maintain CITI database and managing the CITI contract.
- Design and maintains training documents for internal and external users (handouts, eRA training documents etc.).
Provide testing and support for electronic systems used for IRB
- The role is responsible for documenting changes in the Internal and Investigator Training documents on the website following changes in the electronic research administration systems (eRA).
- Based on testing results primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Identification of potential issues.
- Project charge and scope for implementing subsequent changes to internal processes.
- Troubleshooting and testing the system.
- Manage integrity of eRA database and paper files, in conjunction with office staff. Examples of tasks include running reports, verifying data, managing batch communications, managing closures and purges.
Provide Tier 1 user support for the electronic research administration (eRA) system
- Initial point of contact for users with questions about how to access and use the eRA systems.
- Questions or problems of a technical nature may be escalated to University Information Systems or Office of Information Technology technical staff for assistance.
- Responsible for the regular analysis of the tickets/incidents/cases received in order to improve system performance, communication, and documentation.
What You Should Know
This is a part time opportunity.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $22,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Dynamic. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly strong customer skills interacting with key stakeholders.
- Attention to detail.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 2 years’ experience in research administration.
- Advanced knowledge or experience in website design, including interface design, architecture navigation and content arrangement, and usability testing.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer