Secretary IV, Campus President's Office
Job Title Secretary IV, Campus President's Office
Job ID 997844
Location Homestead Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
STAFF- Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
$19.60 - $24.51
Campus President's Office
Open Until Filled
This position provides advanced and complex administrative level support to the Office of the Campus President.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees office operations, works with campus support staff, and provides support accordingly
- Prepares on-line payrolls
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential information
- Monitors and maintains official campus records
- Plans and schedules meetings and campus wide events
- Types correspondence and assists in compiling reports for internal and external distribution
- Handles direct inquiries from the public, faculty, students, and staff and follows-up with appropriate action
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages and greets visitors
- Maintains and distributes office supplies
- Produces electronic information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
- Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisor
- Assists with supervision of student assistants including work assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree and four (4) years of progressive office experience as a secretary
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Knowledge and commitment to the college mission.
- Knowledge of current technical developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (both oral and written).
- Knowledge of PC applications and solid computational skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Typing skills 40 wpm
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to work with user communities of diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff
- This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations.