This position provides direction and supervision of the Kentucky Transportation Center, Technology Transfer Program training team that is responsible for developing and implementing various trainings for local and state governments. This position will supervise a team and will oversee the coordination of over 300 training events a year. These trainings educate individuals on policies, procedures, best practices, and compliance information needed to be successful in their roles. Responsibilities include: assuming a leadership role with the training team; reviewing of new curriculum development; revision of current curriculum as dictated by the identification of new technology; and management of financials and budgets of the training team. This position requires (on average) three to four nights of overnight travel per month. Familiarity with technology as it relates to training and development is important in this position; however, this is not an information technology position.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered).
8H060:Kentucky Transportation Center
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting, bending, walking, Also, this position requires you to lift, push, or pull objects up to 30 pounds.
Monday-Friday; 8:00 am-5:00 pm. Some travel and weekends required.
This position requires exceptional skills with Microsoft Office MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Access. Knowledge and experience in technology transfer, marketing and training program development. Must be able to multi-task, ability to pay close attention to details such as financial record keeping and following established procedures. Communicate well both verbally and written with good presentation skills; ability to lift 30 pounds.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelors degree and experience in event planning/management, project planning/management, and/or administrative/office management. Team leadership and management experience. Have valid driver's license and meet requirements to drive state vehicles.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience planning and coordinating workshops, seminars, and events. Include examples of how you communicated and interacted with participants at those events.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Which database software(s) are you familiar with, and describe your experience with this software.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working on teams to deliver large projects?
- * This position requires you to drive to off-site locations to conduct workshops, including overnight stays. Are you able to meet this requirement with or without a reasonable accommodation?
- * This position requires you to lift, push, or pull objects up to 30 pounds. Are you able to meet this requirement with or without a reasonable accommodation?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter