The Department of Family and Community Medicine seeks a motivated, dependable individual to serve as a Licensed Practical Nurse/UKHC. The LPN will support the ambulatory clinical operations of the Family and Community Medicine Clinic through direct patient care in assistance to department faculty MDs, Advanced Practice providers, fellows and residents. The primary responsibilities of this position include: direct patient care in an ambulatory setting; clinical and clerical support to providers and team; demonstrate willingness to be of assistance and build strong relationships through customer centered care; participate in triage rotations fielding urgent patient calls; serve as expert resource in test preps, patient education and QA studies and reports.
7H460:FAMILY AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
LPN - Kentucky Licensure
Requires handling of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, or walking.
Day Shift - 7:30am-6:00pm
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced work enviroment
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an active current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license to practice in the state of Kentucky or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as an LPN.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter