Adult ESOL & Literacy Part-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Adult ESOL & Literacy Part-time Faculty
Job Description Summary
The Adult ESOL & Literacy - Grant (AELG) Program at Montgomery College is seeking part-time Adult ESOL and Literacy faculty member for various sites across Montgomery County, days, evenings or weekends. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The AELG Program provides extensive professional development with stipends for workshops and trainings, meetings and in-services. If you are skilled, extremely flexible, and want to change lives, please apply online today!
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult ESOL, Literacy or Civics ESOL classes.
- Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
- Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience teaching ESOL for a minimum of two years.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Training in teaching ESOL.
- Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction to limited literacy and language populations.
- Applicants for this position must attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- A Master's Degree in TESOL or Education with coursework in ESOL Methodology and/or Second Language Acquisition .
- Completion of a TESOL certificate program.
- Teaching experience in Adult or Vocational ESOL.
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Submission of three letters of professional references
Friday, January 12, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College