Work Study - Supplemental Instruction Leaders (Western Campus)
Department: Student Support Services
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Director, Student Support Services
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req363
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS041-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 4
Work study student employees in SSS are provided an opportunity to function in a professional office setting, assisting with the essential operations that ensure an efficient process for the delivery of academic student support services; increase administrative skills through observation and participation in organizing and tracking the delivery of academic support services; enhance verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills through interaction with program participants, and as a member of the program staff, , and; receive exposure to the creation and delivery of workshops targeted to specific academic support for students.
- Successful completion of 1 term;
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- Successfully pass background/drug screening;
- Math SI Leader must complete MTH 0960 with a B or better (required) and MTH 1200 with a B or better (preferred);
- English SI Leader must complete ENG 0990 with a B or better (required) and ENG 1010 with a B or better (preferred);
- Attend SI Leadership training;
- Content-competency required;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Prior enrollment with professor is preferred;
- MUST attend and complete all assignments and supplemental readings of selected class;
- Conduct 2-3, 50 minute study sessions per week;
- Must meet with course professor or Instructional Specialist weekly to discuss, create and plan productive study sessions based on student needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.