Work Study - Academic Support, Technology or Laboratory (Manufacturing Technology Center)
Department: Additive Mfg Credit
Location: Manufacturing Technology Center
Reports To: Program Manager, 3D Additive Mfg & Idea
Recruitment Type: Internal
Requisition ID: req356
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS031-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 2
As a lab tech work-study student, students will gain additional experience working with lab equipment, providing them with real world experiences. Students will learn how to manage Excel databases, calculate cost of production for 3D printed items, and use the equipment in the fab lab. Students will engage with internal and external customer, increasing their customer service skills.
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- successfully pass background/drug screening;
- maintain open lab time as scheduled;
- help maintain the facilities;
- other general maintenance requirements;
- work with specialized equipment including chemicals;
- preference given to currently enrolled students in major;
- familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- ability to work with minimal instruction;
- other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.