SENIOR DESIGNER/ART DIRECTOR, DARMAX
Duties: The University of Pennsylvania's Development and Alumni Relations Marketing and Communications (DARMAX) Department is responsible for conceiving and executing communications strategies to advance the goals of Penn's Development and Alumni Relations office (DAR) and the mission of the University.
The Senior Designer/Art Director provides strategic leadership and management of branding and design for DARmax, including directing design for publications, print collateral, and digital output and ensuring branding consistency. This position also serves as internal advisor to DAR units across the University for branding and design questions, including managing consistent application of Campaign branding in compliance with central branding guidelines.
On behalf of internal stakeholders this position conceptualizes projects from initiation to delivery, synthesizing complex ideas and goals to create exceptional designed products attuned to the needs of diverse audiences. This position requires a high level of technical expertise, including expert graphic design skills, the ability to write HTML code to develop web platforms. This position also requires an understanding of strategic art direction for photography in support of DAR marketing and communications goals.
An understanding of nonprofit development and alumni relations is required. This position manages an assistant director of communications.
* Develops strategic branding guidelines and directs graphic art standards to reinforce the Penn brand and Campaign brand for all DARmax products.
* Manages the application of campaign branding across the university, providing leadership and direction to colleagues in all DAR units to ensure brand consistency.
* Conceptualizes and creatively develops DARmax print publications for diverse audiences including Proudly Penn (all alumni and current parents), Penn Parents Magazine, and Penn Priorities (all undergraduate financial aid donors), synthesizing content ideas and publication goals to create strategically impactful designs.
* Conceptualizes and develops new websites, mobile apps, motion graphics and other digital products in support of DAR strategic marketing and communications goals.
* Strategic art direction of photography for DARmax to promote DAR marketing and communications goals.
* Directs highly effective marketing email campaigns, including audience segmentation and responsive back-end analytics, for Presidential tour event marketing.
* Manages strategic vendor relationships and corresponding budgets.
* Manages an assistant director of communications with a primary focus on graphic design.
Reference Number: 90-29503
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DAR Communications
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration