Licensed Practical Nurse
Dermatology, North Shore Covington Clinic
Location: Covington, LA
Under the supervision of the Office Manager or Physician, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the delivery and management of patient care. She/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills required
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care required
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment & patient-centered atmosphere
- Current BLS certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing with current licensure from the Louisiana State Board to practice professional nursing upon date of hire
- 2 years experience working in medical office environment or hospital setting
- Experience in Dermatology desirable but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word or Excel preferred
- Phototherapy training/certification preferred but not required
- Familiar with electronic medical record system
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.