Job Title Lab Technician
Location New Orleans, LA, US
Organization Name BME / Center for Anatomical Movement Science
Under the supervision of the course instructors, the Laboratory Technician for the Center for Anatomical and Movement Sciences (CAMS) will prepare cadavers (human remains) for student and visitor labs, maintain operations and cleanliness of the cadaver and labs, and provide demonstrations and student assistance when needed. The Lab Tech will provide students direction and assistance on the proper use of lab equipment and research instruments. Additional duties include ordering laboratory supplies and maintaining supplies and equipment inventory.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Knowledge of anatomical structures and terminology
- Ability to work with cadavers and have a good understanding of human anatomy
- Working knowledge of surgical instruments such as scalpels, forceps, hemostats, probes, various scissors, and the ability to effectively use surgical instruments for human cadaver dissection
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology lab safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Familiarity with operations of basic laboratory equipment
- Excellent laboratory record keeping and maintenance skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of directly related laboratory experience
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of human cadaver dissection experience including experience preparing chemical mixtures and setting up cadaver tag exams
- Three years experience in a cadaver lab
- Clinical experience in orthopedic or physical medicine
- Experience with human physiology instrumentation
- Experience working with undergraduate and graduate students
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This posting will close on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.