Working Title: Laboratory Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Biomedical Engineering
Posting Date: 06-11-2018
The Saucerman laboratory in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Virginia is seeking a Laboratory Specialist to perform cell biological experiments of cardiomyocytes and fibroblasts. This position serves as research specialist, performing cell culture, biochemical and microscopy experiments, primary cell isolation, and analysis of data for publication. Duties also include management of lab supplies and equipment. The successful candidate will participate as part of a collaborative research team which combines experimental and computational methods to identify mechanisms and drug treatments for heart failure. The incumbent will be mentored by Dr. Saucerman of the Department of Biomedical Engineering and receive training in cellular biology experiments. For a description of the lab's overall research interests, visit http://bme.virginia.edu/saucerman/.
This is a restricted position contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of fundamentals of biochemistry, and cell biology.
2. Ability to resolve problems.
3. Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
4. Ability to analyze and organize work procedures.
5. Ability to collect data or samples.
6. Ability to plan and execute tasks or experiments.
7. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
8. Ability to work independently, with moderate supervision.
9. Skills in mammalian cell culture
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84818