eLearning Specialist - Gies College of Business ( A1800404 )
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Provide consultation and support services in instructional design, strategies, assessment, technology, and distributed learning for instructional development projects
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion, and maintain files and records
- Consult with faculty on instructional design and learning objectives
- Assist in the development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with digital media team to produce learning materials in a variety of formats including audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and college information needs
- Provide assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia
- Research and make recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning
- Design, develop, and deliver workshops and training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices; maintain records
- Facilitate curriculum development sessions, document findings, and write reports
- Do observations, reviews of student feedback, and consultations for individual faculty and TAs
- Collaborate with a team of other instructional designers, accessibility specialists, digital media professionals, and student employees
- Willingness to participate or collaborate with research initiatives
- Serve on committees as appropriate
- Document instructional design processes and create tutorials as necessary
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Master's degree
Preferred: Master's degree in education or an eLearning related field.
Required: Experience using new technologies for teaching and learning. Excellent communication, presentation, and team skills. Familiarity with the literature on teaching, learning, faculty development, and course development. Evidence of experience in the design and development of online or hybrid courses for adult learners.
Preferred: Experience designing courses and facilitating college-level workshops and seminars. Experience working with international students and faculty. Experience in higher education contexts. Familiarity with business education. Familiarity with ADA compliance and accessibility. Familiarity with Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs). Online portfolio of work, a plus. Knowledge of college pedagogy, especially as related to international students.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by July 16, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: eLearning Specialist - Gies College of Business ( A1800404 )
Open Date: 06/26/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: eLearning