Payroll Analyst I
Payroll Analyst I
Payroll Analyst I
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8-5 w/ some flex and overtime as needed
The UNT System Business Service Center is home to several of the university system's central services, including Payroll, a division of the UNT System Controller's operations. These central service groups provide all accounting, reporting, purchasing and business-service focused operations for all of the University of North Texas System component institutions. Areas of responsibility for these shared and central services include Payroll, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Accounts Payable, and Procurement, among others. The University of North Texas System is comprised of: the University of North Texas (located in Denton), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (in Fort Worth), the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the University of North Texas System (downtown Dallas).
This position is located at the Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The Controller Operations - Payroll Department with the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Payroll Analyst I to join our team. This position performs entry-level payroll work. Work involves payroll services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assists with the preparation, process and review of multi-company, multi-state payroll system.
* Assists in the administration of the daily workflow of payroll documents.
* Accurately calculates and enters payroll data necessary to process pay for new hires, terminations, and adjustments to regular pay.
* Manages distribution of paychecks.
* Responds to payroll inquiries timely and accurately.
* Represents organization by utilizing effective communication and customer service skills to serve customers and provide information and updates on changes and processes; provides helpful information and anticipates needs of organization to keep customers up to date and help them utilize the system.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's degree and one year of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping
* Knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas
* Higher Ed experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting