Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty, School of Art + Design (F1800031)
The School of Art + Design at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure-track and will be between zero to 100% time, depending on departmental needs. Specialized Faculty are responsible for teaching assigned courses throughout the semester in fields such as studio art, art history, graphic design, industrial design, etc.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate- and graduate-level courses for the School of Art + Design in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentor and oversee Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, meet with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction.
Proposed Starting Date: August 16, 2018; or January 1, 2019
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration: please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subjects for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number.
- Optional: you may also submit supporting material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by May 15, 2018 for Fall 2018, and October 1, 2018 for Spring 2019. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position or application procedures, you may contact Steve Cartwright (Associate Director; Associate Professor of Painting + Sculpture) at email@example.com, Melissa Pokorny (Associate Director; Associate Professor of Painting + Sculpture) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Christopher Morris (Human Resources) at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Fine and Applied Arts
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty, School of Art + Design (F1800031)
Open Date: 03/26/2018
Organization Name: Art and Design