Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 1 pm - 10 pm ( Hours Flexible)
The Gateway Banquet and Conference Center is a 28,000 square foot, multi-level facility located on the entrance to campus. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive program that enriches the educational process and meets the needs of the North Texas Community through the environment and opportunities provided. Gateway services include meeting rooms, outdoor spaces, and an extensive banquet facility.
The Gateway Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Lead Custodian to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Cleaning and maintaining floors, furniture and equipment, restrooms, walls and windows.
* Responsible for disposal of trash including the transfer of recycling materials.
* Knowledge of safe use of all cleaning supplies and chemicals.
* Uses EMS, MS Word, MS Outlook and other software programs necessary to provide efficient and effective operations.
* Responsible for the staging of furnishings for public events as well as opening rooms prior to events and securing at completion.
* Responsible for the setup and operation of audio/visual equipment for special events.
* Report all unsafe personnel acts and unsafe physical conditions to supervisor as soon as you become aware of them.
* Keeps all equipment assigned in good working order and return to proper area when finished with use.
* Represent the Gateway/Coliseum to all customers and guests by positive interaction and contact.
* Ability to climb stairs and lift 75 pounds in order to move/set-up tables, chairs and equipment.
* Ability to work overtime, based on event needs.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess One year of general working experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Sufficient knowledge of proper use of equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting