BOH Dining Attendant
Areas of Intereset: Food Service
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Department of Housing Administration
Requisition Number: 10806
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 13-Aug-2018
Campus Dining Services, within Housing & Dining Services, welcomes applications for a Back of House (BOH) Dining Attendant. This position exists to complete assigned tasks that provide operational support to FOH and BOH dining service operations, practicing safe food handling techniques, following standardized operating procedures, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
Who We Are
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year round. Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Back of House Production
- Prep and assemble ingredients for recipes.
- Prepare entrees, starches, vegetables, and soups from raw state.
- Utilize a variety of equipment and cooking technique as appropriate.
- Clean prep areas, equipment, and dishes following proper sanitation methods.
- Assist with setup, maintenance, and breakdown of production and service areas.
Front of House Production
- Set up and tend to drink, service lines, dish rooms, dining rooms, and courtesy stands.
- Stock and replenish service ware.
- Follow all sustainability and recycling procedures.
- Sanitize high contact surfaces.
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow set food safety standards.
- Follow all A9 labeling and ParTech procedures.
- Clean seating areas, furniture, floors and fixtures.
- Attend dish room.
- Serve on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Empowered to make decisions in areas within their span of control.
- Train new staff members, both full time and student employees.
- Follow CDS uniform guidelines and personnel hygiene standards.
What You Should Know
This is an essential services position. The incumbent will be required to report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $25,716.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Excited. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least 6 months of dining services experience.
- Must be able to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What We Would Like You To Have
- At least 1 year dining services work experience appropriate to the assignment.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please do not upload references at this time.
This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer