Behavioral Health Provider
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Job Title: Behavioral Health Counselor (Instructor for Clinical Practice)
Position # 00650218 - Requisition 14433
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Faculty Licensed Behavioral Health position at our Sheridan Health Services location (3525 W. Oxford Ave, Denver, CO 80236).
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Behavioral Health Counselor (BHC) for a full-time, (1.0 FTE) benefits-eligible position with the University of Colorado, College of Nursing, at its Sheridan Health Services Family Health Clinic, in Denver, CO (80236). This position is clinic based as a mental health provider and includes an Instructor level, clinical teaching track, appointment within the College of Nursing.
Sheridan Health Services (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~40 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in the Sheridan School District Administration building. The community health center is located in southwest Denver on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum care, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services. www.nursing.ucdenver.edu/Sheridan
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide general outpatient substance use treatment via individual, group and family therapy, case management, crisis management, skill building, and psycho-education to adults.
- Provide case management and care coordination with providers of service including but not limited to primary care providers, school personnel, family members, and other mental health and community partners.
- Evaluate crisis situations and take appropriate action to ensure client safety and the safety of all clinic users.
- Participate in scheduled individual supervision, behavioral health team meetings, interdisciplinary work groups, monthly staff meetings, and other required meetings.
- Complete all required clinical and administrative documentation to accepted standards of practice, accurately, legibly, and by established timelines on electronic health record system and paper as needed.
- Utilize best practices and provide all treatment within appropriate limits. Complete and follow through with financial and clinical information necessary to ensure reimbursement for provided services.
- Expected to demonstrate high quality customer service focus, good communication and professionalism with clinic users, co-workers and representatives from outside agencies and to enhance community relationships.
- Other duties as determined by the Behavioral Health Program Director or Chief Executive Officer.
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of staff, faculty, community members, and clients.
- Expertise in clinical assessment and therapeutic interventions with individuals, couples, families, and groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of primary care-behavioral health integrated programs, including fundamental elements of co-located and/or fully integrated services.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer and electronic medical record.
- Ability to provide 30-40 billable client contacts per 40-hour work week.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling or related field
- Licensed in the State of Colorado (to include but not limited to Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Professional Counselor) by the date of hire. No grievances filed with DORA or any other state licensing governance board, Medicaid, or Medicare
- Must possess CACII certification or higher at the time of hire
- Two years of experience providing outpatient substance use treatment services
- Two years of experience as a practicing therapist
- Spanish/English bilingual
- Registered with DORA as CACIII or LAC
- Experience working with population based outcomes
- 1 year prior electronic health record experience
- Experience working in a primary care setting, using brief treatment modalities with an emphasis on time effective, recovery oriented, evidence-based treatment
- Experience with, working knowledge of, or commitment to care delivery that incorporates a social justice perspective around the intersectionality of racism, classism, LGBTQ issues, and other forms of oppression
- Experience with prevention and early intervention approaches, utilizing trauma informed care, and working with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
Conditions of Employment:
- Active participation in health plan contracts
- Remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- Valid NPI number by date of hire
- Completed CAQH by date of hire
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14433
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, a copy of CPR/BLS certification to application, and a copy of current licenses to application
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rod DeVriendt
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00650218