Assistant Coach Strength & Conditioning
Requisition # 2018-9136
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Assistant Varsity Strength and Conditioning Coach is to support quality varsity programs that challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of Division I programs.
The Assistant Varsity Strength and Conditioning Coach position is a position that is 100% duty time for 10 months. It is a three-year term benefits eligible position.
The responsibilities are including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development of strength and conditioning programs in conjunction with the Director of Strength & Conditioning for varsity intercollegiate programs.
- Twelve month sport specific resistance programs for varsity intercollegiate programs.
- Develop conditioning programs that address cardiovascular demands of the sport.
- Develop flexibility/stretching programs.
- Responsible for continuous testing and evaluations of student-athletes on a routine basis.
- Provide direct instruction to all student-athletes, as well as providing assessment and documentation tools, in order to assure proper explanation of training techniques.
- Conduct orientation sessions for all teams by explaining/demonstrating modalities of physical training used for each varsity program.
- Document athletes' workouts.
- Develop strength and conditioning manuals used by off- term and/or summer student-athletes. Assist with the scheduling of all varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures for use and risk management of all intercollegiate training facilities.
- Recommend facility upgrades and improvements including the recommendation and purchase of equipment for intercollegiate training facilities based on independent research.
- Support and communicate with team doctors, staff nutritionists, athletic trainers, and coaches to serve student-athlete needs.
- Provide educational support regarding nutritional and supplemental products and reinforce drug free environment, in accordance with FDA recommendations, and Ivy League and NCAA guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with coaching staff in order to implement all aspects of training including scheduling, technique training, supervision, and goal setting.
- Develop maintenance schedule for equipment, perform and document periodic equipment safety checks, and remove from use any unsafe equipment.
- Assist with hiring student monitors and training them to enforce weight room rules and policies. Manage student interns when applicable.
- Successful background in coaching strength and conditioning.
- Ability to manage and schedule varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
- Ability to develop and administer strength and conditioning programs.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Functional computer skills.
- Possess the ability to work within the Department of Athletics and to communicate effectively with other coaches, students, administrators and medical training staff athletes of a Division I program.
- Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- SCCC certification or CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist).
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Olympic Weightlifting Certification preferred (USAW or Totten Training Systems)
- Advanced degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.