Working Title: Accountant
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 08-10-2018
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a full-time Accountant.
The successful candidate will apply generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in working with specialized accounting records and reports. The incumbent will assemble and analyze data and transactions, ensure accurate financial analysis of financial statements, and prepare statements and reports. The Accountant will also manage and reconcile funds, reconcile records for labor audits, and reconcile departmental labor suspense accounts.
In addition, the Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and analytical responsibilities to ensure the efficient and timely operation of labor and other accounting-related functions.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, qualified candidates must have at least two years of related experience. Qualified candidates will also possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Preferred qualifications include three or more years of related experience and/or experience in a health care related setting. The preferred candidate will also possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and have experience working with Oracle, UBI, Clarity and Vivid applications.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as University, state, and federal financial policies and guidelines. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
2. Working knowledge of the accounting discipline. Ability to manage, analyze and reconcile funds and accounts and to present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate and present accounting and financial information. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
4. Considerable knowledge of payroll practices. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently for issues related to established payroll policies and procedures.
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
6. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of accounting/payroll database and software programs.
7. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85226