Working Title: Grants Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Biomedical Engineering
Posting Date: 08-10-2018
The Biomedical Engineering department seeks a highly qualified candidate to join our fiscal administration team as a grants and contracts administrator to manage the pre-award and post-award grant activity. The candidate will also assist with purchasing, accounts payable, reconciliations, maintaining records and ensuring all federal, state and university guidelines are followed. We seek a candidate with knowledge of sponsored activities in a university setting who can assist faculty and researchers with preparing grant funding proposals.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of two years' experience with grants accounting, general accounting, reconciliation, and purchasing. Four years experience with general and grant accounting, reconciliation, and purchasing is preferred.
The Biomedical Engineering department contains faculty and staff appointments in the School of Engineering and Applied Science as well as the School of Medicine. We are physically located adjacent to the School of Medicine and University Hospital.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to analyze financial reports.
2. Ability to reconcile accounts.
3. Ability to keep records/logs.
4. Ability to apply procurement principles.
5. Basic knowledge of sponsored activities in an educational institution.
6. Ability to prepare budgets.
7. Ability to interpret guidelines, policies and procedures and apply them appropriately.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Ability to multitask
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85228