System Identification Number:
Finance, Insurance, Real Estate & Law (131310)
College of Business http://cob.unt.edu
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law, at the University of North Texas College of Business, invites applications for appointment as an Assistant Professor of Finance (tenure track) starting in fall 2019.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, research and preparing students for success in a multicultural business environment.
Duties will be comprised of a balance of teaching, research and service, including the following:
* teaching finance and finance related courses at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels on the Denton campus and off site locations (face-to-face and on line)
*conducting high quality finance research and publishing in recognized journals.
* working with finance doctoral students and teaching in the finance doctoral program.
* working with masters and undergraduate students to assist with career goals.
* participating in departmental, college and university service.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
* A doctoral degree in finance or closely related field from a AACSB accredited institution expected by August 2019.
* Status as academically qualified, under both SACS and AACSB standards, to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
* Experience teaching corporate finance, financial statement analysis, institutions and/or derivatives at the undergraduate and masters levels.
* Recent teaching experience in finance at the university level.
*Record of high quality publications in recognized finance journals.
*Professional designations such as CFA or CFP.
Area of Specialty:
Non-Tenured Appointment Term:
Open Until Search Closed
Required Applicant Documents:
List of Names and Contact Information of Three References
Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)