eLearning and ADA Compliance Specialist - Gies College of Business (A1800219)
E-LEARNING and ADA COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Assist in the production and delivery of course materials for online courses and programs that comply with the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act including but not limited to learning management systems, web-based content and social media tools.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare academic materials for online classes in alternative formats.
- Create training materials and training sessions for course assistants on preparation of materials in alternative formats.
- Designs and participates in the development of presentations for students, faculty and staff on the provision of educational materials persons with disabilities.
- Provide timely support and troubleshooting in response to academic technology issues.
- Assist with the evaluation of evolving instructional technologies to support globally dispersed disabled communities of learners in Gies College of Business courses.
- Interpret existing course materials and produce alternative audio, video, visual and text based materials and other informational pieces that comply with Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA), ADA and the University's policies relating to persons with disabilities in online environments.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Communication or Learning Technologies.
Preferred: Master's degree in Psychology, Communication, Education, Learning Technologies, or related field.
Required: Experience working with people with disabilities; Experience in the design of curriculum or educational materials for people with disabilities.
Preferred: Experience working in educational settings
Required: Experience in the fields of ADA compliance, education, or related field. Experience in research methods applied to teaching and learning in virtual environments.
Preferred: Experience in the development of research proposals, research instruments and IRB or grant writing.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by May 2, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: eLearning and ADA Compliance Specialist - Gies College of Business (A1800219)
Open Date: 04/11/2018
Close Date: 05/02/2018
Organization Name: eLearning