Part-Time, Mathematics Instructors (Marinette, WI)
Job ID 601766
LOCATION: Marinette Campus
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed for daytime and/or evening hours.
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, General Studies
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu
Click on "Jobs", then "Jobs at NWTC" and then in the upper left hand corner:
External candidates click on "Apply Online - Public"
Current NWTC employees click on "Apply Online - Current NWTC Employees"
Requires unofficial transcripts to be submitted for instructor certification eligibility review
Please either attach to your application prior to submittal or email them to [email protected] or [email protected]
E-mail address: [email protected]
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution, with a minor or twenty semester credits drawn from the Mathematics department, including eight credits of calculus, OR have a major in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science and eight credits of calculus.
- Teaching experience, specifically with adult learners, desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be willing to commit to all required course contact hours, for each class assignment as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining curriculum rigor in alignment with state requirements.
- Required to manage the instructional process, to include but not limited to: course preparation, student attendance records, student assessment, grading, and must be accessible to students outside of scheduled classroom time (to include electronic communications as well as in-person meetings).
- Final grades posted within 72-hours of course completion.
- Within 24-hours, maintain electronic communication with students and staff, in regard to course information, through NWTC email and/or Blackboard.
- Work Collaboratively with Mathematics faculty, General Studies department, and college wide staff
To begin the General Studies Part-Time Instructor application process, please click the following link:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.